HypnoBirthing Courses - Information and Booking
Small group HypnoBirthing courses take place at Saltash Physiotherapy Clinic and Tavistock Therapy Centre. As spaces are limited it allows me to give quality attention to everyone in the group and also provides a great atmosphere for learning and relaxing. I provide refreshments and have yoga mats and pillows available but recommend that you bring your own if possible. My courses have a lovely, supportive atmosphere and clients leave feeling invigorated and empowered as well as extremely relaxed!
A £50 deposit secures your spot with the balance due on or before the first session and payment in instalments is possible-just ask for details or see a little further down this page for booking information.
I hold monthly information sessions that are free to attend so you can meet me, find out more about the course and ask any questions you may have. To register your interest and receive my Free Guide to HypnoBirthing, please click here: Register your interest here
You can find more information about HypnoBirthing here: Saltash and Tavistock HypnoBirthing Information Page and more details and reviews on my Facebook Page
It’s worth taking time to find the right HypnoBirthing course for you and so I’m always happy to chat and answer any questions you may have.
This is the original and still the best HypnoBirthing course. Taught by a Clinical Hypnotherapist, accredited by the Royal College of Midwives and covering all you need for a calm, gentle birth.
Sessions are 2.5 hours long, 5 in total. They are spread over 5 weeks in order to ensure maximum benefit and time to prepare however if time is short please let me know and we can arrange something to fit in with your schedule.
Included in the fee is your book, MP3s, a folder of handouts, goody bag and refreshments as well as access to me both before and after the birth.
With this complete antenatal class, you will leave fully prepped for birth whichever shape or form it takes.
Unit 1: Building A Positive Expectancy
• Introduction to the remarkable HypnoBirthing™ philosophy
• The History of Women and Birthing
• Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
• How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth
• How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
• The vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing.
• Visualising gentle births by viewing beautiful birthing videos
Unit 2: Falling in Love with Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
• The remarkable mind of your newborn baby—Prenatal bonding techniques
• Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
• Breathing techniques for labour and birthing
• Hypnotic relaxation and visualisation
• Selecting the right care provider
• The Birth companion’s role in birthing
• Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Unit 3: Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
• Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
• Preparing the Body for Birthing
• Light Touch Labour Massage
• Your body working for and with you
• Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labour
• Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts.
Unit 4: An overview of Birthing – A Labour of Love
• Onset of Labour – Thinning and Opening Phase
• Birth explained simply
• Settling in at the hospital or birthing centre
• Preparing for home birth – or baby’s choice of birth
• As labour moves along – passing time through labour
• Hallmarks of labour
• If labour rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities
• As labour advances – birthing with your baby
• Protecting the natural birthing experience
• Birth rehearsal imagery
Unit 5: Birth – Breathing Love – Bringing Life
• Moving into birthing
• Positions for descent and birthing
• Breathing baby down to birth
• Baby moves to the breast
• Family bonding with your baby
Limited spaces are available to ensure a high quality – early booking is recommended.
Upcoming HypnoBirthing Courses in Saltash & Tavistock
Session 1 – April 9th
Session 2 – April 16th
Session 3 – April 23rd
Session 4 – April 30th
Session 5 – May 7th