HypnoBirthing Courses - Information and Booking
You’ll pack in a huge amount of learning and relaxation as well as plenty of tea, coffee, flapjacks, breaks and giggles.
In addition to everything covered in class you’ll receive a folder packed full of notes, MP3’s to listen to at home and support outside of class whenever you need it. Oh, and a goody bag full of some great products to try!
The classes are 2-2.5 hours each week with a ten-minute break for refreshments. There’ll be homework in between sessions to back up the learning you’ve done in class and you’ll be given all the reading and information you need for your birth preparation.
When to attend: I recommend that couples attend the course any time from the 20th week of pregnancy. The earlier you start, the more time you have to practice the techniques however I’ve worked with a number of ladies in later pregnancy (one at 40 weeks!) and all have found the course beneficial.
If you’re more than 36 weeks or would prefer it, I offer one-to-one courses at times to suit you and your birth partner. I also run antenatal workshops which are also great as a hypnobirthing refresher course and can be put together to suit your needs.
What if my partner is unsure about attending a hypnobirthing course?
It’s totally understandable that they are unsure or even a little apprehensive about joining a course. The course is often different to expectations – in a positive way! It’s delivered in a down to earth, practical way and is also backed up by science – it’s great to see the ‘lightbulb moment’ as it all makes sense and falls into place during the first session. A calm, confident and knowledgeable birth partner can make a huge difference to your birth experience – below are some testimonials that partners may find inspiring!
“When Sam and I found out we were pregnant we chose to explore the HypnoBirthing route and found that it was exactly what we needed to help us in pregnancy and to prepare for the birth of our son.
Unfortunately the classes we signed up to fell through and we thought we’d miss out on this incredible and beautiful approach to birthing but thankfully Laura stepped in and took us on at short notice and on the weekends when she could be enjoying her own family. The course has been nothing short of brilliant and I have been enlightened in so many ways that I am now thoroughly looking forwards to our birth and completely confident I can support my partner.
Laura has been amazing from start to finish and I cannot speak highly enough of her. Kind, Patient, Happy to help and so much more.
I’m excited and happy to have had Laura with us through this experience and will miss our sessions and Laura’s experience, knowledge and friendship.
If you are looking for HypnoBirthing look no further. Laura is fantastic.”
“My partner and I attended hypnobirthing sessions with Laura, these really helped to build our confidence and reduce our anxieties prior to the birth of our daughter.
Laura’s sessions were calm, welcoming and the salted caramel flapjacks weren’t bad either!
I would certainly.recommend Hilltop Hypnotherapy if you have any interest in trying hypnobirthing.”
Spaces are limited to ensure a good quality of service so it’s recommended to book quickly – it’s a £50 deposit to secure your space with the balance of £170 due before our first session. As a hypnotherapist I charge £60 an hour and so with 12.5 hours of tuition, the HypnoBirthing book, workbook and MP3s included as well as all the other extras, this is the best value HypnoBirthing course around.
This is the original and still the best HypnoBirthing course. Taught by a Clinical Hypnotherapist, accredited by the Royal College of Midwives and covering all you need for a calm, gentle birth.
Sessions are 2.5 hours long, 5 in total. They are spread over 5 weeks in order to ensure maximum benefit and time to prepare however if time is short please let me know and we can arrange something to fit in with your schedule.
Included in the fee is your book, MP3s, a folder of handouts, goody bag and refreshments as well as access to me both before and after the birth.
With this complete antenatal class, you will leave fully prepped for birth whichever shape or form it takes.
Unit 1: Building A Positive Expectancy
• Introduction to the remarkable HypnoBirthing™ philosophy
• The History of Women and Birthing
• Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
• How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth
• How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
• The vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing.
• Visualising gentle births by viewing beautiful birthing videos
Unit 2: Falling in Love with Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
• The remarkable mind of your newborn baby—Prenatal bonding techniques
• Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
• Breathing techniques for labour and birthing
• Hypnotic relaxation and visualisation
• Selecting the right care provider
• The Birth companion’s role in birthing
• Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Unit 3: Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
• Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
• Preparing the Body for Birthing
• Light Touch Labour Massage
• Your body working for and with you
• Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labour
• Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts.
Unit 4: An overview of Birthing – A Labour of Love
• Onset of Labour – Thinning and Opening Phase
• Birth explained simply
• Settling in at the hospital or birthing centre
• Preparing for home birth – or baby’s choice of birth
• As labour moves along – passing time through labour
• Hallmarks of labour
• If labour rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities
• As labour advances – birthing with your baby
• Protecting the natural birthing experience
• Birth rehearsal imagery
Unit 5: Birth – Breathing Love – Bringing Life
• Moving into birthing
• Positions for descent and birthing
• Breathing baby down to birth
• Baby moves to the breast
• Family bonding with your baby
Limited spaces are available to ensure a high quality - early booking is recommended.